World Kindness Day was November 13th! Just because this international celebration is over, that doesn’t mean you can’t keep showing kindness any day of the year. It is completely up to you to decide when and how you will be kind.
What is kindness?
Oxford Languages defines kindness as "the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate." Kindness is all around us, even when adversity can make it hard to see.
At Lifelong Access, we embrace kindness within our culture of love and respect to ourselves and to others. We treat every day as a new opportunity to be empathetic and to value each other’s differences. In doing so, we believe that we have the power to make the world a better, brighter place.
How can we show kindness to others?
Everyone around us has their own struggle and could benefit from someone showing them a little kindness here and there. So, how can we do it?
- Write a handwritten note of encouragement to a friend (or even a stranger).
- Listen to a friend in need of someone to talk to.
- Give a coworker a little gift or treat to brighten up their day.
- Step up when someone seems to need help.
- Give somebody you love flowers, "just because."
- Let the people in your life know you are thinking of them.
- Support local small businesses.
- Donate to a charity that means something to you.
- Volunteer at a local food bank, animal shelter, etc.
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line at the cafe.
- Say “good morning” to the stranger you pass on the sidewalk.
There are an infinite number of ways to be kind, so don’t be afraid to get creative.
How will you choose to be kind?
About the author: Lauryn Raff is a Social Media Intern at Lifelong Access. She is also a senior undergraduate student at Illinois State University obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Integrated Marketing Communications. Lauryn has a passion for all things creative and hopes to use this quality along with her dedicated studies to make the world a better place.
The views expressed are Lauryn's and do not necessarily represent the official views of Lifelong Access.
Welcome to Lifelong Access.
You may know us as Marcfirst, but we've recently undergone a name change. Why? Because in every phase of life, it’s never a question of if we helped. It’s how we help that truly counts. And how much we helped. Because our clients never outgrow us. And, we never outgrow them. Hence, our new name: Lifelong Access.