The holidays are here and that means spending time with those who are the closest to you. If you're not sure how to keep the kids entertained, hosting a gathering, or you want to give back this year here are a few ideas to get into the spirit and be entertained.
- Making Gingerbread
- Check your area for Christmas Light Shows
- Holiday Movie Night & Christmas PJ’s
- Paper Snowflakes/Creating Trees with Arts & Crafts
- Making Cookies for Santa
- Volunteer at a Foodbank/Serving Food
- Writing Letters to Santa
- Making Smores with Hot cocoa
- Pinning the nose on Rudloph
- Decorating Stockings
- Creating or Going on a Winter Scavenger Hunt
- Creating your Own Wreaths
- Going Ice Skating
- Creating Your Own Christmas Sweater
- Donating & Wrapping gifts
- Participating in 5K/or Holiday Racing Events
- Thanksgiving/ Christmas Parade
To keep in the spirit of the holidays you can find videos on crafts, music, books, and more!
No matter what your holiday plans are, I hope this list will give some inspiration and ideas to make the best of holidays!
About the Author:
Ja Tavia Stoot is a communication master’s student at Illinois State University. Ja Tavia is originally from La Porte, Texas. She has a passion for health, fitness, and acts of service. Ja Tavia has a background in critical race, gender & sexuality, and marginalized populations studies. This knowledge is used to bring awareness and hopefully inform others.
The views expressed are Ja Tavia Stoot’s and do not necessarily represent the official views of Marcfirst.
Welcome to Lifelong Access.
You may know us as Marcfirst, but we've recently undergone a name change. Why? Because in every phase of life, it’s never a question of if we helped. It’s how we help that truly counts. And how much we helped. Because our clients never outgrow us. And, we never outgrow them. Hence, our new name: Lifelong Access.